Helping Your Child Through a Divorce
Divorce is a difficult time for all members of the family, but it can be particularly difficult for children and teens. When going through a divorce, the pain and frustration of dealing with the conflict can feel overwhelming, but often parents must also deal with worries of how the divorce and related child custody issues are affecting their children. Fortunately, there are certain things you can do to help your children throughout this process.
If you are considering divorce, it is important to have the experience and knowledge of a good lawyer on your side. Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, the San Marcos divorce lawyers of Fischer & Van Thiel LLP can help you get the terms you want. Contact us today at 858-935-6211.
Tips for Helping a Child or Teen Through a Divorce
Although it is impossible to totally protect your child from getting hurt during a divorce, there are some things that you can do which will greatly help your child adjust to this difficult time. These include:
- Avoiding speaking of your spouse in a negative or hostile way while around your children
- Trying to keep conflict between you and your spouse from occurring in front of the children
- Reducing the disruption to your child’s normal routine as much as possible
- Staying involved in the child’s life
- Not using your child to communicate information to the other parent
- Listening to your child and acknowledging their feelings when they express them
These are just a few of the things that you can do to help make the divorce process as painless for your children as possible.
Speak with a San Marcos Divorce Lawyer
If you or a loved one is involved in family law litigation or a divorce case with child support, custody, or visitation issues, and need legal representation, don’t hesitate to contact the Fischer & Van Thiel Family Law Firm of San Marcos at (760) 757-6854 today to get solid legal advice and a professional divorce lawyer consultation.